2 Corinthians 8:7-8
But just as you excel in everything—in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and in your love for us see that you also excel in this grace of giving.I am not commanding you, but I want to test the sincerity of your love by comparing it with the earnestness of others.
We believe that our giving and our offerings are an act of our worship to God. However much your heart is telling you to give, our promise to you is that we will diligently use it to extend God's kingdom. In addition, we want to encourage good financial stewardship in our members as well, and we don't want to be in the position of encouraging Christians to use credit cards to incur debt, even if the debt is from giving to the church. So we simply ask you to use wisdom with credit and the money that God has entrusted to you.
There are several ways to give to ALCC:
- offerings are taken during or worship time in the service on Sunday mornings,
- there are secure offering boxes in the main auditorium where you can drop your giving and your offerings,
- you can mail your checks to the church office,
- you can make a tithe or offering using our secure online giving forms
global outreach giving
Beginning in January 2013, missionaries and global outreach partners of ALCC will be accepting donations directly. Click on the links below to go to each partner's respective means of accepting giving. If a partner isn't listed below, you can continue to direct funds to them using Easy Tithe, until such time as they are set up to manage their own finances.
Guarding our Giving
All financial giving to Abbott Loop is used to help us to fulfill our mission statement: "Building a growing community, reaching Anchorage and the World."
The following Scripture guides us in how we administer money given for the work of the Lord at Abbott Loop Community Church:
We want to avoid any criticism of the way we administer this liberal gift. For we are taking pains to do what is right, not only in the eyes of the Lord but also in the eyes of men. (2 Corinthians 8:20-21)
A board oversees and approves the total budget. Periodically throughout the year they see and review church financial statements. There are checks and balances, oversight and accountability for all ALCC finances. Our church financial records are always open and we will be glad to answer any questions that individuals may have.
Policies & Procedures
- When we regularly give, the money is placed in one of the secure giving and offering boxes located in the auditorium.
- When an offering is taken during a church service, the checks and cash are collected by the ushers.
- The money collected from either the boxes or an offering is always placed in a locked safe by at least two people.
- The money is always counted by two people.
- The money is always deposited in a local bank as soon as possible.
- All expenditures are approved by the administrator and the bookkeeper writes all checks.